MAKES: 6 servings (1 slice per serving) · PREP TIME: 10 minutes · COOK TIME: 45 minutes
Not only are these roasted cabbage steaks a good side dish on their own, but they are amazing with Barbecue Pulled Pork (here) or Slow Cooker Crispy Pork Carnitas (here) served on top.
•1 medium head green cabbage (about 2 pounds)
•¼ cup avocado oil or olive oil
•1 teaspoon garlic powder
•1 teaspoon onion powder
•1 teaspoon fennel seeds
•1 teaspoon sea salt
•½ teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Put an oven rack in the middle position. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Cut the cabbage into six equal slices (about 1 inch thick) from the top through the stem on the bottom.
3. Lay the cabbage slices in a single layer across a rimmed baking sheet. Brush the slices with the oil.
4. In a small bowl, combine the garlic powder, onion powder, fennel seeds, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle the seasoning over the slices.
5. Bake for 45 minutes, flipping halfway through, or until the cabbage is golden brown and the leaves are slightly charred on the edges.
tip: This dish is amazing brushed with Lemon Basil Vinaigrette (here) before serving.
TOTAL CARBS: 6.6g
NET CARBS: 3.8g