MAKES: 18 cookies (1 per serving) · PREP TIME: 10 minutes · COOK TIME: 12 minutes
Have you ever had keto chocolate chip cookies that just got better and better days after you made them? Me neither . . . until I made these. I thought they were great straight off the cookie sheet, scorching my mouth because I refused to let them cool first, but boy, oh boy, they were even more amazing when I grabbed one from the pantry the next day. Rich and chewy, with a texture similar to that of a high-carb cookie made with real flour and conventional sugar. In fact, if I hadn’t made them myself and someone else had served me one, I never would have been able to tell that they were low-carb cookies at all.
•3 cups blanched almond flour
•1 tablespoon grass-fed gelatin
•1 teaspoon baking soda
•½ teaspoon sea salt
•2 large eggs
•1 teaspoon caramel extract
•1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
•½ cup sugar-free maple syrup
•½ cup coconut oil, melted but not hot
•1 cup sugar-free dark chocolate chips
•Maldon sea salt flakes, for sprinkling
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, gelatin, baking soda, and salt.
3. Crack the eggs into a medium mixing bowl. Add the extracts and whisk to combine. Add the maple syrup and melted coconut oil to the egg mixture, whisking as you pour.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and beat with an electric hand mixer until the ingredients are well incorporated.
5. Using a rubber spatula, fold the chocolate chips into the dough.
6. Using a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop, drop balls of the dough onto the prepared cookie sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until the tops are golden brown and the edges are crispy.
7. Sprinkle with sea salt flakes and let cool for 10 minutes before eating. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
tip: I like to pull these cookies out of the oven at the 10-minute mark and lightly press on them to flatten. This makes for a deliciously dense and chewy cookie.
TOTAL CARBS: 4.7g
NET CARBS: 1.9g