MAKES: 18 cookies (1 per serving) · PREP TIME: 10 minutes · COOK TIME: 12 minutes
These cookies are soft and chewy and full of fall flavors.
•3 cups blanched almond flour
•2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, store-bought or homemade (here)
•1 teaspoon baking soda
•½ teaspoon sea salt
•2 large eggs
•1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
•½ cup sugar-free maple syrup
•½ cup coconut oil, melted but not hot
•1 cup sugar-free dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt.
3. Crack the eggs into a medium mixing bowl. Add the vanilla extract and whisk to combine. Add the maple syrup and melted coconut oil, whisking as you pour.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, then beat with an electric hand mixer until the ingredients are well incorporated.
5. Using a rubber spatula, fold the chocolate chips into the dough.
6. Using a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop, drop balls of the dough onto the prepared cookie sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until the tops are golden brown and the edges are crispy. Start checking at the 10-minute mark.
7. Remove from the oven and set the cookie sheet on a cooling rack. Let the cookies cool for 10 minutes before serving. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
tip: I like to pull these cookies out of the oven at the 10-minute mark and lightly press on them to flatten. This makes for a deliciously dense and chewy cookie.
TOTAL CARBS: 7.6g
NET CARBS: 3g