MAKES: 1 serving · PREP TIME: 10 minutes
All the healthy benefits of immune-boosting, anti-inflammatory turmeric in a rich and delicious dairy-free, creamy fat-burning coffee. You can make this drink in two ways: the first version makes a true latte using espresso and steamed milk; the second is a more traditional take on the drink, often called golden milk or turmeric tea, and requires no special equipment.
•1½ cups unsweetened coconut milk
•½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
•½ teaspoon turmeric powder
•¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus more for garnish
•¼ teaspoon ground ginger
•Pinch of Himalayan pink salt
•Pinch of ground black pepper
•2 shots espresso (optional)
•1 teaspoon granular erythritol, or more to taste (optional)
Espresso machine plus milk steaming pitcher and frother (optional)
AS A LATTE:
1. Put the coconut milk in the milk steaming pitcher. Add the vanilla extract, turmeric, cinnamon, ginger, salt, and pepper. Stir to mix and use the steamer wand to heat and froth the milk. This will fully incorporate the spices into the milk.
2. Pull 2 shots of espresso from the machine and pour them into a 16-ounce mug. Top with the golden milk and sprinkle cinnamon and turmeric on top. Stir in the erythritol, if desired.
1. Put the coconut milk, vanilla extract, turmeric, cinnamon, ginger, salt, pepper, and erythritol, if using, in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
2. Whisk to combine the ingredients. Heat until the golden milk is hot but not boiling.
3. Pour into a 16-ounce mug. Garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon and turmeric before serving.
TOTAL CARBS: 4.5g
NET CARBS: 2.6g