makes 4 servings · prep time: 10 minutes
I always keep a stock of high-quality canned tuna in my pantry, the goal being to have something healthy on hand that is quick to prepare. This tuna salad is perfect for rushed weekday lunches or for when I am nearing the end of my groceries and am down to just pantry staples and condiments. I love to serve it with fresh tomatoes and butter lettuce leaves to make wraps.
- 2 (5-ounce) cans sustainably caught tuna, drained
- 1 mini seedless cucumber, chopped
- 1 small dill pickle, chopped
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill weed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1½ teaspoons Dijon mustard
Place all of the ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and mix until well incorporated.
CALORIES: 159 | FAT: 11 g | PROTEIN: 15 g | TOTAL CARBS: 0.5 g | DIETARY FIBER: 0 g | NET CARBS: 0.5 g