makes 6 servings · prep time: 15 minutes · cook time: 25 minutes
I love how simple this dish is to make and how clean yet satisfying the ingredients are. The great thing about this recipe is that you can use any meat and veggies you have on hand. There is also the added bonus of dirtying only one pan. Healthy, satisfying, and only one pan? I’ll take it!
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 5 chicken sausage links, sliced
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 small red onion, cut into large chunks
• 1 small zucchini (about 6 inches), halved lengthwise and sliced into half-moons
• 1 small yellow squash, halved lengthwise and sliced into half-moons
• 1 small red bell pepper, cut into large chunks
• 1 small yellow bell pepper, cut into large chunks
• 6 cremini mushrooms, quartered
• ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
• ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
• Sea salt and ground black pepper (optional)
1.Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage, garlic, and onion and sauté until the sausage is browned and the onion is translucent, about 10 minutes.
2.Add the zucchini, yellow squash, bell peppers, mushrooms, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes to the skillet and sauté for an additional 10 to 15 minutes, until the vegetables are crisp-tender.
3.Taste and add salt and pepper, if desired.
CALORIES: 205 | FAT: 14 g | PROTEIN: 14 g | TOTAL CARBS: 5.6 g | DIETARY FIBER: 1.6 g | NET CARBS: 4 g