makes 4 servings · prep time: 15 minutes · cook time: 6 minutes
This recipe is my own personal version of “Taste the Rainbow.” You eat with your eyes first, and beautiful food is simply more tantalizing to the taste buds. This is one of my favorite dishes to eat during the hot summer months when heavier foods just don’t sound good. I love to serve it with a side of Avocado Ranch Dressing or Cucumber Sauce .
• 1½ pounds wild-caught cod or halibut fillets
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 tablespoons Taco Seasoning
• 2 cups Green Onion and Lime Cauliflower Rice , warm
• 1 yellow bell pepper, julienned
• 1 jalapeño pepper, sliced (optional)
• 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
• 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
• 1 cup shredded red cabbage
• ¼ cup sliced black olives
• Sea salt and ground black pepper (optional)
• Torn fresh cilantro, for garnish (optional)
• Lime wedges, for serving
1.Cut the fish into 4 equal-sized pieces. Place the fish, olive oil, and taco seasoning in a large mixing bowl and toss gently to coat. Set aside to marinate while you prepare the taco bowls.
2.Put ½ cup of the cauliflower rice in each of 4 serving bowls. Arrange one-quarter each of the bell pepper, jalapeño, avocado, tomatoes, cabbage, and olives around the outside of each bowl, leaving a space for the fish in the center.
3.Heat a grill pan or large skillet over medium heat. When the pan is hot, add the fish and cook until it is browned and flakes easily, about 3 minutes per side. Taste a small piece of the fish and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
4.Place a piece of fish in the center of each of the arranged bowls. Garnish with cilantro, if desired, and serve each bowl with a lime wedge.
tip: To make this dish dairy-free and Paleo compliant, use olive oil instead of butter when making the cauliflower rice.
CALORIES: 370 | FAT: 21 g | PROTEIN: 36 g | TOTAL CARBS: 13 g | DIETARY FIBER: 6 g | NET CARBS: 7 g