makes ½ cup (2 tablespoons per serving) · prep time: 5 minutes
Making your own seasoning blends at home is quick and easy, not to mention better for you. It will likely save you money as well. There are a lot of unnecessary additives in store-bought seasoning packets.
• 3 tablespoons chili powder
• 3 tablespoons ground cumin
• 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon celery salt
• 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1 tablespoon onion powder
• ¾ teaspoon ground black pepper
• ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Mix together all of the ingredients and place in an airtight container.
- Store in the spice cabinet for up to 3 months.
- tip: To make taco meat, simply brown the ground beef, ground turkey, or other meat of choice, then drain the excess grease.
- Add 2/3 cup of water and 1/4 cup of taco seasoning per pound of meat, reduce the heat to low, and let simmer for 5 minutes, or until thickened.
CALORIES: 46 | FAT: 2 g | PROTEIN: 2 g | TOTAL CARBS: 8 g | DIETARY FIBER: 3 g | NET CARBS: 5 g