makes 1½ cups (2 tablespoons per serving) · prep time: 10 minutes
This cucumber sauce is super simple to make and uses basic ingredients that you probably already have in your refrigerator. It pairs perfectly with Mediterranean flavors and just about everything else, too—chicken, fish, beef, you name it! It makes a terrific salad dressing and even complements dishes like Greek Meatballs (here) and Fish Taco Bowls (here).
• 1 mini seedless cucumber, sliced
• ½ cup full-fat sour cream
• ¼ cup mayonnaise
• 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill weed
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• ½ teaspoon sea salt
• ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
Place all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor and pulse until smooth and creamy. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
CALORIES: 53 | FAT: 5 g | PROTEIN: 0.4 g | TOTAL CARBS: 1.2 g | DIETARY FIBER: 0 g | NET CARBS: 1.2 g