MAKES: 3 cups (¼ cup per serving) · PREP TIME: 10 minutes
Having been born and raised in the Pacific Northwest, I am an avid hiker. I love being out in nature, without a care in the world. This trail mix is one of my favorite snacks to throw in my pack and take with me on the trails. I don’t have to stop to eat it, I don’t have to cook it, and it gives me an added boost of energy to keep pushing along the trail.
• 3 ounces no-sugar-added beef jerky, chopped
• ½ cup roasted pecans
• ¼ cup roasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
• ¼ cup slivered almonds
• ¼ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
• ¼ cup sugar-free dried cranberries, store-bought or homemade (here)
• ¼ cup sugar-free dark chocolate chips
• 3 tablespoons hulled sunflower seeds
Combine all the ingredients and store in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.
tip: Mix it up with any of your favorite low-carb nuts and seeds.
TOTAL CARBS: 3.7g
NET CARBS: 1.4g